- A New Scholarship for Medical Students
- Saubhagya Students' Scholarship Scheme (SSSS)
Parental Income Ceiling
Parental annual income should be equal to or less than Rs. 300,000/-
The following concessions to be added to the Income Ceilings specified above.
(a) Rs. 24,000/- concession per annum per school going sister/brother who is 18 years or under, up to a maximum of three children.
(b) Rs. 36,000/- concession per annum per sister/brother following a course in a University but not in receipt of a Mahapola scholarship or a Bursary. The marking scheme prescribed for the annual parental income of students eligible to receive financial assistance:
- Students can apply for Endowed Scholarships when applications are called for such scholarships either by the UGC or respective universities.
- One such scholarship scheme is presently in the process of being introduced to the students at the FMAS.
- These scholarships are being organized by the Needy Students’ Welfare Society of the faculty.
- Each selected student will be awarded Rs 3000/- per month for the 5 years he/she will spend as a medical student.
- This scheme will be operated as a donor – recipient system where one donor sponsors one student.
- As and when new donors are found, more and more students shall be included in this scheme.
- A special feature in this scheme is the introduction of the donors and the students they sponsor to each other as an additional means of emotional and social wellbeing of the students.
- Students who receive other financial assistance (i.e. Mahapola, Bursary allowances) too are eligible to apply for these scholarships. They, however, will be considered, only if adequate justification is given of their financial needs.
- However, the students of an academic year is allowed to apply for these scholarships only after the selection of students for Mahapola and Bursary scholarships for that particular year has been completed.
Rajarata Medical Students will have annual research grant unto Rs100,000 every year from LEO WICK public health grant scheme. You need to have a supervisor from the department of Community Medicine. This grant will be also available for early carrier researchers attached to the department (permanent or temporary). This will not be just a grant scheme, but the selected student will be entered by a international public health specialist. Further he or she may have the opportunity of presenting results of the research in local, international conferences. Details are available here. Apply quickly...